Come and join our experienced team of experts on our awesome abseiling on Table Mountain activity. Abseiling on table mountain will firstly involve taking on a demanding hike through Cape Town's unique natural environments in table mountain national park, up the renowned Table Mountain top, followed by an abseiling descent down one of the facades of this famous mountain.
Those in search of a truly challenging experience on our abseiling in Cape Town activity can follow the recommended route with our team of experts up Table Mountain and continue with our exhilarating abseiling descent down the mountainside. Those who wish for a more relaxed time around the gorgeous national park can also choose a more leisurely trip around other fantastic landmarks such as Lions Head Mountain and the Silvermine natural reserve.
You will meet very early in the morning with hiking starting around 8:00 am. You'll either be picked up at your accommodation by our team, or you can make your own way to the meeting point. If you wish to be picked up you can decide this with the team, whose contact details you will be provided when you book the activity. You will then go onto the hike across Table Mountain which will bring you straight to the abseiling activity. Our abseiling on Table Mountain activity is truly unique and we can't wait to have you on board!
You have a choice of three mountains, which we recommend differently depending on experience and fitness levels. We can offer an easy to moderate route for those who feel like exploring but for who abseiling is too much of a challenge. Then our primary offer is the hike to Table Mountain which can be quite difficult and is followed by the abseiling activity once arrived at the hotspot in Table Mountain. We recommend this hike and subsequent abseiling for people with good fitness levels and who are feeling ready for an adventure.
After we are done with the abseiling we return back down the mountain and hike back to Tafelberg road where we started it.
- Description: Table Mountain is part of Table Mountain national park and is one of the highest and well-known hiking domains in South Africa with around 350 trails which lead to the top of table mountain. It overlooks the sea and also offers some stunning views of the city of Cape Town.
- Total duration: 4 - 6 hours (depending on fitness)
- Groups of max 6 people
- Transfer from your accommodation to the start of the hike if required (communicate with provider)
- All equipment for abseiling
- Experienced guide
- Comfortable and sturdy shoes with good grip
- Long trousers
- Light Jacket
- Pack Lunch
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Physical health: Good fitness levels will improve speed and quality of hike