Kayaking on the most beautiful river in the Alps. That's exactly what you'll learn in this course! This course is perfect for beginners who want to try their hand at kayaking. This course is rounded off by the breathtaking alpine panorama of the Styrian mountains.
In the morning we meet in our base camp, where you will get to know your kayak instructor. He will explain the daily routine and you will receive the kayak equipment before we start together. At the beginning we practice on calm waters (reservoir Salza or bathing lake), before we go on different, more challenging sections of the Salza in the following days. At the end of the course you have laid the foundation to continue kayaking independently in the future.
- River: Salza (difficulty level: class I-II)
- Description: The Salza is a multi-faceted Alpine river, characterized by beautiful nature and crystal clear water.
- Total duration: 6h30min per day
- Familiarizing with the material
- Getting in and out correctly
- Behaviour on capsize
- Basic paddling techniques (paddle strokes, support techniques)
- Fundamentals of fluid mechanics and fluid mechanics
- Rafting techniques (eddies, cable ferries)
- Assessment of river hazards & white water tactics (4-day course)
- Safety on the river (4-day course)
- Correct edging of the boat, taking advantage of currents (4-day course)
- Learning the most important basic techniques
- Riding on light white water (difficulty level: I-II)
- High quality kayak
- Neoprene gear (wetsuit, neoprene jacket, shoes, life jacket, helmet)
- Certified kayak guide
- Transfer to the starting point and back to the base
- Glasses lace
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability