Canyoning in The Crags is a unique adventure that anyone can try out. This introductory tour is ideal for anyone who wishes to get to know what canyoning or "kloofing" is all about, without committing to our full-length tour. See what it's like to abseil down waterfalls, and to navigate the natural rock pools of the Salt River and simply enjoy the beauty of the natural surroundings. This offer is a hot tip for anyone seeking to go canyoning in Plettenberg Bay, as it is only a relatively short drive away.
To go canyoning in The Crags, we at our base at the time specified on your booking confirmation, where we will fit your wetsuit, get geared up and brief you on what to expect and how to stay safe. Once we're ready, we'll get in our van and drive to the starting point of the tour.
During the tour you will make your way along the river by abseiling down waterfalls, sliding down natural waterslides, as well as swimming across and, if you dare, jumping into natural rock pools.
At the end of the tour, our colleagues will be waiting for you in the van to drive you back to the base where you're welcome to take a warm shower. You will also have the opportunity to purchase photos taken during your day out canyoning in The Crags.
- River: Salt River (Difficulty level: easy)
- Distance: approx. 1km
- Total duration: approx. 2-3 hours
- Time in the canyon: approx. 2 hours (time can vary depending on group size)
- Participants per tour: up to 15
- Complete high-quality canyoning equipment (incl. helmet, wetsuit, lifejacket)
- High-class harness and rope material
- Certified canyoning guide
- Transfer to the point of entry and back to the base
- Optional: Photos (can be purchased at the end of the tour)
- Shoes to swim in (can also be rented on-site for R50)
- Minimum age: 8 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability
- No pregnancies