Big Fish Tenerife's Open Water Diver course allows beginners to become certified divers through a 3-day programme! Dive into a new adventure and receive the PADI certificate, which will open doors to future diving adventures.
Goal of the course
After a theory session and a minimum of 5 dives (training and open water dives), you will have learned the basic diving knowledge and the necessary skills. With the PADI Open Water Diver certificate, nothing stands in the way of a self-planned diving experience! In fact, with this certificate, you can dive anywhere in the world up to 18 meters deep, together with another certified diver.
Meeting & Preparation
The meeting point is at our base at the agreed starting time. We're also happy to pick you up at your hotel! With our air-conditioned van, we can drive to practically every hotel in the south of Tenerife and bring you to us, at the Las Vistas beach. Once we've all arrived at our destination, you'll first fill in the necessary documents in our shop, after which you'll get to our so-called "Wet Zone", our main base which is only a few metres from the shop. In the Wet Zone, you can get changed, jump into your wetsuit and get your equipment. After a short briefing on the safety rules and an overview of the programme for the next days, you'll be good to go and your adventure can start!
- Day 1: 1 Theory Lesson + Practice in Shallow Water
- Day 2: 1 Theory Lesson + 2 Open Water Dives
- Day 3: 2 Open Water Dives (For the last 2 open water dives, we usually take the boat to either the diving spot El Bufadero, where you can dive with turtles, to the Condesito, where a shipwreck awaits you, or to both of these spots.)
Note: The order and length of the individual parts of the course can change and will be individually adapted by the instructor.
- 2 Practice Dives in Shallow Water
- 4 Open Water Dives
- Theory Sessions (You can decide whether you prefer to receive the learning material by mail and learn independently, or whether you prefer to have the theory explained in a classroom at our base. Simply let us know which option you'd like to choose when you arrive at the base.)
- Certified PADI diving instructor
- High-quality diving gear (all you need for your dive: wetsuit, mask, fins, octopus, weights)
- Scuba tank (200 Bar for all dives)
- Daily Transfers & Pick-up from hotel
- Beverages at the base
- PADI registration fee & certificate
- Optional: E-Learning material
- Optional: photos/videos (If you want, a professional photographer can capture the most beautiful moments of your adventure. Please let us know approx. 1 day prior to the start of your lesson. Price: 30€ for 1 person / 35€ for 2 persons)
- Minimum age: 10 years