Do you want to share your passion for the fascinating underwater world with others and teach people how to dive? With the PADI Divemaster training, you can achieve exactly that. At Blue Ocean Divers in the Algarve, you perfect your diving skills with the help of our experienced instructors and learn how best to share them with others.
Goal of the course
After the course you are able to supervise other divers in training both above and under water. As part of the course, your PADI instructor helps you optimize your diving skills and internalize rescue scenarios. You also learn how to teach diving theory and how to deal with management and supervision in diving education.
Meeting & Preparation
We meet at the diving school on the premises of the Motel Ancora in Lagos, where the practice pool is also located. A hotel transfer can also be arranged, please contact us after booking. At our base, you get to know your instructor and receive your diving equipment. Changing rooms, showers and toilets are also available.
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- The business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
- Certified PADI diving instructor
- High-quality diving gear (all you need for your dive: wetsuit, mask, fins, octopus, weights)
- Scuba tank (200 Bar)
- Transfers & Pick-up from hotel
- Course materials
- PADI registration fee & certificate
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Physical health
- Certified Rescue Diver
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn the certification.
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months