If you're looking for fun canyoning from Queenstown for beginners, this tour is the one for you. Our shuttle takes you in 20 minutes through the scenic wine country to the nearby Gibbston Valley Canyon. Our experienced and highly-trained guides know the canyon and all its exciting parts. In our small groups of maximum 8 participants per guide, you'll get full attention and can enjoy the adventure without waiting times.
The Gibbston Valley Canyon offers the perfect setting for a fun and exciting introduction to canyoning. Enter the canyon by descending a natural waterslide and find your way by climbing the massive stone walls of the canyon. Feel the thrill and the power of the water while you're abseiling waterfalls up to 10 metres.
To check-in for going canyoning from Queenstown to Gibbston Valley please be 10 minutes prior the indicated time by the Moa statue at 78 Beach Street, Queenstown. There our branded shuttle will pick you up and take you to the starting point or you can also take your own car to get there (we'll show you the way). Enjoy the 20 minutes of a scenic ride through the wine country of the Gibbston Valley. We'll stop at a really rustic area with a little tavern where we kit you with your canyoning equipment. Your professional and qualified guide will provide a full safety briefing and demonstration. A small hike of 10 minutes takes us to the entry point and the canyoning in Gibbston Valley can start.
During our tour, you experience abseils of up to 10 metres beside beautiful waterfalls, natural water slides and down climbs of the Kawarau river.
After 2 hours we'll get back to the starting point of the tour. There we head back to Queenstown or you're welcome to stay at the little tavern for a wood fire pizza and beverages.
- Canyon: Gibbston Valley Canyon (Easy)
- Description: The Gibbston Valley is famous for its vineyards, but the canyon offers you different kinds of refreshments with plenty of water.
- Total duration: 4hrs
- Time in the canyon: 2hrs
- Abseiling height: Up to 10m
- Slide length: Up to 10m
- Complete high-quality equipment including wetsuits, shoes & helmets
- High-class harness and descending gear
- Certified canyoning guide
- Transfer to the point of entry and back from Queenstown
- Photos (if booked)
- Drink bottle of water
- Waterproof camera to take pictures (optional)
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Lower fitness level
- No prior experience or swimming skills required
- English speaking