Going canyoning from Queenstown to Mount Aspiring National Park means an exciting challenge for you! You don't need any experience, just swimming skills, confidence and the wish for an unforgettable adventure in the middle of breathtaking nature. Our experienced and highly-trained guides know the area and find the ideal path for you. In our very small groups of maximum 5 participants per guide, you'll get the full attention and can experience the abseils and climbs without waiting times.
In the UNESCO World Heritage area you enjoy climbs, jumps, slides and big abseils down pumping waterfalls. Here you experience the biggest abseils and jumps when you're going canyoning from Queenstown. Abseil next to beautiful waterfalls up to 30 metres. Decide if you also want to experience the thrill of jumps up to 10 metres. So this canyoning day trip is definitely full of adrenaline and natural beauty!
To check-in for going canyoning from Queenstown to Mount Aspiring please be 10 minutes prior the indicated time by the Moa statue at 78 Beach Street, Queenstown. There, our branded shuttle will pick you up and take you to the starting point or you can also take your own car to get there (we'll show you the way). After a scenic 2-hour drive from Queenstown passing by Wanaka, with coffee and toilet stops along the way, we'll reach the starting point. There you'll get your canyoning equipment and can change. A 20-minute bush bash takes us to the entry point of the canyon, where our professional guide provides you with a full safety briefing and demonstration.
Then you start into your adventure with beautiful pumping waterfalls, natural water slides, down climbs and jumps. Look forward to highlights, like abseiling from up to 30 metres or jumps up to 10 metres. All the jumps are optional, so you can always choose to rope down.
After 3-4 hours of canyoning, we reach the starting point again. There we enjoy a picnic-style lunch and some refreshments before we head back through Wanaka to Queenstown.
- Canyon: Mount Aspiring National Park (Intermediate - Difficult)
- Description: Around the Mount Aspiring, one of the highest peaks in New Zealand, you experience scenic landscapes of mountains, glaciers, lakes and exciting rivers and canyons.
- Total duration: 8hrs
- Time in the canyon: 3-4hrs
- Abseiling height: Up to 30m
- Jump height: Up to 10m
- Slide length: Up to 10m
- Complete high-quality equipment including wetsuits, shoes & helmets
- High-class harness and descending gear
- Certified canyoning guide
- Transfer to the point of entry and back from Queenstown
- Photos (if booked)
- A picnic-style lunch and drinks
- Drink bottle of water
- Waterproof camera to take pictures (optional)
- Minimum age: 16 years
- Physical health
- Good swimming skills
- No prior experience required
- English speaking