At the natural park dos Caldeirões (Parque Natural dos Caldeirões, 9630 Achada, São Miguel, Azores)
FREE cancellation with full refund up to 24 hours before the start of the activity
Details & Booking
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
You can now spend an entire day having fun among the rocky and natural environment of the Azores with your family! This is the full-day version of the easiest canyons, where anyone from 6 years old is welcome, with safety provided by your certified guide, the right equipment and breaks whenever needed. Come and hike, abseil and jump with your family & friends in our beautiful canyon!
Please refer to the specific start times if you choose the pick-up option from your accommodation or if you come to the starting point by car. Once everyone has arrived, you can park your car and we will show you your canyoning equipment.
Then, we start our 30-minute approach walk to the entrance of the canyon, surrounded by typical Azorean trees and plants. Once in the canyon, we will spend 4.5 hours walking around this mesmerizing rocky environment, abseiling down natural formations and jumping down into the water if you feel ready for it.
After this wonderful adventure, we will exit the canyon and return to our cars, with the feeling of having spent successful holidays!
- Canyon: Ribeira da Salga (Difficulty level: moderate)
- Description: Our most family-friendly offers great activities for everyone, leaving you time to enjoy your holiday even more
- Total duration: 6hrs
- Time in the canyon: about 4.5hrs
- Abseiling height: 15m
- Jump height: 7m (optional)
- Complete high-quality canyoning equipment (incl. helmet, wetsuit, neoprene socks)
- High-class harness and rope material
- Certified canyoning guide
- Transfer to the point of entry and back to the base
- Photos and videos
- Lunch and drinks
- Pick-up from your accommodation (optional)
- Second pair of shoes (which may get wet)
- Glasses strap
- Water bottle
- Minimum age: 6 years old
- Physical health
- Swimming ability
Great day. The landscapes are magnificent and the course very varied: jumps, slides, abseiling, everything is there. Best of all, the guides are super nice and super fun. And especially from a safety point of view, the 2 guides are at the top. No complaints. I sincerely recommend.
Translated with Google Translate
Canyoning provider with certified canyoning guides
Fun Activities Azores Adventures is a canyoning provider with officially certified canyoning guides