At our base in the marina (Marina Pêro De Teive Avenida João Bosco Mota Amaral, 9500-771 Ponta Delgada)
FREE cancellation with full refund up to 24 hours before the start of the activity
Details & Booking
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Discover unique, untouched nature in the heart of São Miguel - Parque Natural da Ribeira dos Caldeirões with a certified guide! With us, you have the guarantee to explore the island in a safe and professional way. You don't need any previous canyoning experience so if you like to have fun on the water, this canyoning tour is just right for you. Moreover, children from 6 years on can participate in this adventure so feel free to come with your family or friends. See you soon in Ponta Delgada!
We meet at our base in Ponta Delgada. Once there, you get to know your guide and the rest of the participants. Then, we drive about 40 min through the island of São Miguel and you can admire the vast green areas mixed with the volcanic formations. If you choose a half-day tour without the transfer, we meet directly in the national park. When we reach our destination - Parque Natural da Ribeira dos Caldeirões - we equip you with the complete canyoning gear, brief you about the safety rules and walk for about 20min to start the tour.
You can expect to see diverse lush vegetation, freshwater streams, many waterfalls and watermills that certainly take you back in time. The highlights of our tour are water slide and several jumps, with the highest one reaching 5m. Then we make a stop during which you can enjoy lunch by the water. Then, the adventure continues with the impressive 10m waterfalls in the most closed are of the stream.
After an exciting tour, we exit the canyon and drive back to Ponta Delgada.
- Canyon: Ribeira dos Caldeirões (Difficulty level: easy)
- Description: in the canyon, you find diverse lush vegetation, as well as many waterfalls and waterslides up to 10m. Its crystal water pools, wild nature and unique rock formations show you the untouched beauty of the island.
- Route: Parque Natural da Ribeira dos Caldeirões
- Distance: 1.5km
- Total duration: 8hrs
- Time in the canyon: 5hrs
- Jump height: 10m
- Slide length: 5m
- Complete high-quality canyoning equipment (incl. helmet, wetsuit, neoprene socks, isothermal protection)
- High-class harness and rope material
- Certified canyoning guide
- Collective material (strings, transport bag)
- Transfer to the point of entry and back to the base
- Shoes with hard soles (which may get wet)
- Glasses strap
- Clothes to change
- Minimum age: 6 years old
- Physical health
- Swimming ability
Amazing experience in complete safety conditions. The staff was very friendly and made us feel very comfortable and safe. This allows for the experience to be accessible also to people without prior experience, such as ourselves. The setting was incredible and gives you a true sense of contact with nature.