Haven't you always wanted to find out what breathing underwater feels like? Of course you have, who hasn't! And what better way to answer that question that with a trial dive in beautiful Tenerife with Dive Club Ocean Trek! Simply join us at our base and we'll take you to the most beginner-friendly spots in the area.
Goal of the course
During this course, divers from the age of 10 will learn the basics of scuba diving through a theory introduction, easy exercises in confined water and one open water dive. Kids from 8 may also participate in our Bubblemaker programme, which is just the same except the dives will not exceed 2.5-3 meters in depth.
Meeting & Preparation
Unless you've opted for our pickup service, we'll meet at our base at the agreed-upon time. There, you'll meet your instructor, get your equipment as well as a 45-minute theory briefing. Once you have a clear overview of the handling of the equipment, the diving rules and basic techniques, we'll take you to an enclosed bay to do some easy exercises. If the weather conditions are bad, we can also do this part of the course in a pool. After that, you'll be ready for your very first open water dive which will take about 45 minutes and take you up to 12m deep into the local underwater world.
- Theory Introduction (30-45min)
- Exercises in confined water
- 1 Open Water Dive (45min, 12m deep): can either be done at Playa Las Vistas, Playa de Abades or Alcala which all offer ideal conditions for beginners
Please note that this course allows you to gain credit for your first open water dive for the highly popular PADI certification course Open Water Diver.
- Certified PADI diving instructor
- High-quality diving gear (all you need for your dive: wetsuit, mask, fins, octopus, weights)
- Scuba tank (200 Bar for all dives)
- Daily Transfers & Pick-up from hotel
- Learning material
- PADI registration fee & certificate
- Water on the boat (and beer at the base!)
- Babysitter service
- Minimum age: 8 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability