If you've always thought about giving scuba diving a try, the PADI Discover Scuba Diving programme is the perfect way for you to literally 'test the waters'. Here in Tenerife, the conditions are great for beginners and we at Excel Scuba are happy to show you the colourful marine wildlife that lives around the reef, just a short swim away from the beach. Say 'Hi' to the resident turtles, rays, octopuses and angel sharks, and see for yourself what it feels like to breathe underwater.
Goal of the course
The PADI Discover Scuba Diving programme teaches you the basics of scuba diving such as how to use your scuba diving equipment. You will learn some basic skills and dive to a depth of 6 to 12 m. This should give you a taste of what scuba diving is all about and will help you decide whether you would like to pursue a certification course in the future.
Meeting & Preparation
We either meet at our dive shop at 09:00 am or we can even pick you up from your accommodation at 08:45 am. Once you're here, we'll make sure the equipment fits and we'll ask you to fill out some paperwork. After that, we'll take you to a sandy beach, approximately 20 minutes away from the dive shop. On the beach, your instructor will give you an in-depth briefing before you enter the water to start practising your skills.
- Theoretical briefing
- Skills practice in shallow water
- Dive around the reef to a maximum depth of 6 m
- Optional: 2nd dive to a maximum depth of 12 m (for an additional 25€)
- Certified PADI diving instructor
- High-quality diving gear (all you need for your dive: wetsuit, mask, fins, octopus, weights)
- Scuba tank (200 Bar for all dives)
- Transfers & Pick-up from the hotel (within a 20km radius)
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability