Delve into the fascinating world of scuba diving and become a certified PADI Scuba Diver, all while on holiday in beautiful Tenerife. Allow us from Excel Scuba to teach you the basics of scuba diving and to show you all the colourful species that live beneath the surface of the sea. Your first experience breathing underwater is something you will never forget!
Goal of the course
The PADI Scuba Diver course teaches you the basics of scuba diving and allows you to dive to a maximum depth of 12m. Holders of this certification can join scuba diving excursions organised by dive centres around the world, provided that they are supervised by a trained instructor. Moreover, if they wish to do so, PADI Scuba Divers only need to complete the 2nd half of the PADI Open Water Diver Course, in order to obtain said certification at a later point in time.
Meeting & Preparation
We either meet at our dive shop at 09:00 am or we can even pick you up from your accommodation at 08:45 am. Once you're here, we'll make sure the equipment fits and we'll ask you to fill out some paperwork. You will start your course with the first knowledge development session using the PADI manual. Once you've completed it and passed the test, you're ready for your first pool session. Here, your instructor will give you a quick briefing before you enter the water to start practising your skills.
- Day 1: Knowledge development + Practice in the pool
- Day 2: Knowledge development + Open Water Dive
- Day 3: Practice in the pool + Open Water Dive
Note: The order and length of the individual parts of the course can change and will be individually adapted by the instructor.
- 3 Knowledge Development Sessions
- 3 Practice Dives in the pool
- 2 Open Water Dives
- Certified PADI diving instructor
- High-quality diving gear (all you need for your dive: wetsuit, mask, fins, octopus, weights)
- Scuba tank (200 Bar for all dives)
- Transfers & Pick-up from hotel (within a 20km radius)
- (E-)Learning material
- PADI registration fee & certificate
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability