Get to know a new and exciting sport right here in Sardinia, surrounded by dreamy beaches and crystal clear waters! Contrary to popular belief, kitesurfing is one of the easiest and fastest water sports to learn. Years of experience and highly qualified instructors, combined with state-of-the-art teaching methods and modern equipment ensure fast and safe learning. The FH Academy team is waiting for you!
Meeting & Preparation
We meet directly at the Beach where you will have the opportunity to meet the FH Academy team and your instructor. The beginner's course starts with a theory lesson on the beach before continuing on to the water. Independent and advanced kiters will receive their equipment and can start the lesson directly on the water. Beginners are strongly advised to take the 6-hour course which is ideal to gain basic knowledge and a feeling for the sport.
*The FH Academy team is very flexible and adapts to you and your learning rhythm - you can complete the course in 2 days, dividing the 6 hours into 3 hours per day or 4 and 2 hours or complete the course in a relaxed way in 3 days with 2 hours of course per day.
The start time depends on the wind to ensure the best conditions, so please plan some extra time on the day of your surf lessons. The exact start times are available a few days in advance. We will inform you in time after you have completed the booking.
Course Content - Beginners
- Flight theory + kite equipment (theoretical wind assessment, spot, aerodynamics, experience piloting with a kite trainer, equipment introduction, safety systems, inflatable kite piloting)
- Kite control + bodydrag
- First departures (Steady-pull, introduction of priority rules, water- start, first navigation)
Course Content - Indepentent Kiter
- Windward navigation
- Change of direction
Course Content - Advanced Kiter
- Foil (Departures, gaits, change of direction, first navigation)
- Surfing (Departures, upwind, gybe, tacking, strapless jumps)
- Twin Tip (Pop, jumps, rotations)
- Complete equipment
- Communication systems
- Rescue boat
- Certified instructor
- Photos/Videos (on request)
- Swimwear & towel
- Minimum age: 9 years
- Minimum weight: 30kg
- Physical health
- Swimming ability