Experience the thrill of white water rafting amidst the natural beauty of the peaceful Kaiangaroa forest. Our Rangitaiki River rafting trip combines exciting rapids with mild passages, making it a perfect adventure for the whole family. Rangitaiki River is a great choice for everyone looking for a scenic Rotorua rafting adventure, as it is just a 45-minute drive away.
For your rafting experience on Rangitaiki River, we meet directly in Murupara. Before the adventure can start you receive all the necessary equipment and can change into your wetsuits. You will also get a detailed safety introduction during which your guides will tell you everything you need to know about white water rafting.
With our vehicles, we take you to the starting point on the river. Along the way, you paddle together with your teammates overcoming numerous different rapids on a 10-kilometre stretch of Rangitaiki River. At the same time, you get a glimpse of the pristine natural environment in the heart of Kaiangaroa forest.
At the end of your Rangitaiki River rafting tour, we take you back to our meeting point where you can change back into dry clothes. You will also have the opportunity to purchase photos of your adventure to take back home.
- River: Rangitaiki River (Difficulty level: Class III - IV)
- Description: Combining "mild and wild" passages, rafting on Rangitaiki is the ideal adventure for families looking to discover New Zealand's beautiful nature from a new perspective.
- Distance: 10 km
- Total duration: 2.5 hours
- Time on the river: 1.5 hours
- Participants per boat: 2-6
- High-quality raft
- Rafting gear (wetsuit, neoprene jacket, shoes, buoyancy aid, helmet)
- Certified rafting guide
- Transfer from the meeting point to the starting point and back to the meeting point
- Photos can be purchased for 40 NZD after the tour
- Swimwear or clothes that may get wet
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Physical health