Discover the beauty of this region in Primorje-Gorski Kotar with your family in a unique way! Rafting Gorski Tok welcomes everybody who loves spending an active holiday.
Our qualified team with more than 20 years of experience will take you down the mountain river Kupa on a kayak or canoe. You can even take your children from the age of 3, as our kayak & canoe safari takes place at a calm part of the river.
Come to our base at the booked time. Here, directly next to the river Kupa awaits you a hearty welcome from our friendly team. If you come by car, you can park it directly next to our base. First, we'll equip you with all the necessary equipment needed and tell you a bit more about the area. Then, we'll brief you about safety and give you a demonstration about different paddling techniques and steering of the boat into the wished direction. Afterwards, we head together to the starting point.
Once arrived, we'll give you a high-quality, stable kayak or canoe, which are especially suitable for navigation on slower river parts. Don't worry, if you have never ever paddled before! Our boats are very safe and unsinkable. Therefore, they are suitable for both children and adults alike. Accompanied by a qualified guide, you'll go down the river in a group of min. 4 people. During the tour, you will paddle on the crystal clear waters of the river Kupa which is lined by a big variety of green trees and colourful plants. Here, in the middle of nature, you will relax and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere with your dearests.
After approx. 2 to 3 hours spent on the river and also depending on the current water level of the river Kupa, we will return back to our base. For all those, who get hungry by intensive paddling, we can arrange upon request a reservation in a nearby restaurant serving delicious local food.
- River: Kupa (Difficulty level: Class I-III)
- Description: The river Kupa "Rijeka Kupa" flows from karst lake, the National park Risnjak. It's a wild and untamed mountainous river with crystal clear waters. Below its source, Kupa flows fast and slows down after approx. 32km and becomes a peaceful river.
- Route: The starting point and end point depending on the current water levels of the River Kupa.
- Total duration: approx. 3 - 4h
- Time on the river: approx. 2 - 3h
- Participants per boat: up to 3p
- High-quality kayak or canoe
- Complete whitewater equipment (wetsuit - depending on the weather conditions, waterproof jacket, neoprene boots)
- Certified guide
- Second pair of trainers (which may get wet)
- Glasses strap
- Minimum age: 3 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability