There is no more spectacular location for your first scuba diving experience than the Great Barrier Reef. Join our full-day sailing cruise to the stunning Upolu Reef and find out what breathing under water feels like with our experienced diving professionals. This Great Barrier Reef Diving Trip from Cairns gives you the opportunity to discover an incredible underwater world full of colourful corals, fish, turtles and other precious marine life.
A maximum of 20 passengers aboard our vessel allows you to escape the crowds and enjoy personal service during your Great Barrier Reef diving trip. In addition to your introductory dive, you also have the opportunity to join our guided snorkel tour with our dive professionals, explore the pristine waters and relax on the boat. As we use less than 60 litres of fuel per day, we are proud to offer you one of the most eco-friendly Great Barrier Reef boat tours.
Departure & Return
Check-in and boarding for our Great Barrier Reef Diving Trip from Cairns start at 7:30 am on the Marlin Marina D-Finger in Cairns. By 7:45 am we set sails and head towards Upolu Reef. The journey there takes about 2 hours and on the way, you are provided with a detailed safety briefing and information about snorkeling, scuba diving and the spots we visit. We will have lunch around noon and arrive back in Cairns around 4:30 pm.
- Great Barrier Reef Diving Trip with Discovery Dive at beautiful Upolu Reef
- Small group sailing with max. 20 passengers
- Charming catamaran with bow nets to relax on
- Reef introduction & education by experienced professionals
- 1 Discover Scuba dive
- Certified dive guide
- Full diving gear & snorkeling equipment rental
- Guided snorkel tour (extra assistance & instruction for beginners)
- Coffee or tea on arrival
- Tropical style buffet lunch
- Complimentary fruit platter selection of cheeses, crackers & a glass of wine
- $15 per person reef tax & levy (to be paid on board)
- Exposure suits (available on board for $6 extra)
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Physical health (please note that you must successfully complete the medical questionnaire you will receive with your booking confirmation)
If you or one of your friends or family members would like to join the trip without diving, check out our Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling Trip from Cairns. You will be on the same boat, as it's the same trip, just without the dive.