Join an action-packed adventure and go rafting on Kaituna river. On your trip, you will conquer rapids as well as three roaring waterfalls including the 7m high Tutea Falls, the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the world. At the same time, you can get a unique insight into the region's spectacular natural beauty and its fascinating cultural history.
You don't need any previous experience to go rafting on Kaituna river. Our professional and highly qualified guides know the river like the back of their hand and make you feel comfortable and safe throughout the whole trip. We can always adapt the tour to your preferred adrenaline level and tailor it to your wishes, no matter if you're looking for a calm and relaxing ride or action that makes you scream out loud.
We meet at our base in Okere Falls 15 minutes before the start of your rafting on Kaituna river. Once you arrive, we will hand out your equipment, you can change and store your belongings. The starting point of the tour is right across the street from our base. Before your adventure can start, you will receive a detailed introduction and safety briefing from your experienced guides.
Together with your guide, you will now paddle down Kaituna river. Along the way, you master challenging white water passages and pass through the stunning scenery of an ancient native forest. Our knowledgeable guides ensure your safety during the whole trip and are happy to tell you more about the cultural history of our region.
After about one exciting hour of rafting on Kaituna river, we reach the endpoint of the trip. Here our vehicles are already waiting to take you back to the base where you can shower and change. If you are hungry you can go to the restaurant next door and enjoy some food and drinks in their beer garden.
Kids (10-12 years)
The minimum age to do the full trip with all waterfalls is 13 years. For kids between 10 and 12 years, we offer the possibility to do the second half of the trip. For this, we accompany them to a point below the waterfall on foot where they can get on the boat and enjoy the rest of the tour.
- River: Kaituna River (Difficulty level: Class V; for half trip: Class III)
- Description: Rafting on Kaituna river is an adventure you should not miss. It is known to have some of the best whitewater in the world, including 3 roaring waterfalls. The river is one of the warmest in New Zealand and takes you on a ride through spectacular nature within an ancient native forest.
- Total duration: 3 hours
- Time on the river: 1 hour
- Participants per raft: 6-7
- High-quality raft
- Rafting gear (wetsuit, neoprene jacket, booties, buoyancy aid, helmet)
- Certified rafting guide
- Transfer to the starting point and back to the base
- Professional photos can be purchased for 30 NZD after the tour
- Minimum age: 13 years for the full trip
- Kids between 10 and 12 years can do the second half of the trip
- Physical health