Hang gliding in Queenstown is an experience like no other. Soar over the one-of-a-kind landscape made famous by the Lord of the Rings films and enjoy the feeling of weightlessness as you're treated to a spectacular view.
Seeing the beautiful Lake Wakatipu and the surrounding mountains from above is one of the many reasons why paragliding in Queenstown is on so many peoples' bucket list. If you're confident enough, our experienced pilot will even let you take control of the hang glider. So don't miss out on what might just become the highlight of your stay in New Zealand!
- Meeting & Preparation:
Our shuttle bus from our office in Queenstown to the take-off point at Coronet Peak leaves on the hour, so please arrive here 20 minutes before the start time specified on your booking confirmation to allow enough time for us to check you in. The bus ride itself takes around 20 minutes. Once we've reached the ski field on Coronet Peak, your experienced tandem pilot will brief you in detail about all things safety, talk you through take-off and landing procedures and help you get strapped into the harness.
- Start and Flight:
Once you're all set, nothing stands between you and the unique experience that is hang gliding in Queenstown. Your instructor will tell you to run a few steps until hang glider lifts you gently into the air. After that, all you need to do is relax and enjoy the incredible view of Queenstown, Lake Wakatipu and the surrounding mountains.
- After Landing:
At the end of your tandem paragliding flight, you will land at the foot of Coronet Peak, close to Arrowtown. From here, we will drive you back to Queenstown.
- Route: From the ski field on Coronet Peak to Arrowtown
- View of: Queenstown, Lake Wakatipu and the surrounding mountains of Otago
- Altitude change: 3.750ft./ 1.143m
- Total Duration: 1.5h
- Duration of the flight: 10 - 20 minutes
- Type of flight: Standard
- Complete flight equipment: hang glider, harnesses, helmet etc.
- Licensed, certified hang gliding pilot
- Transfer to the starting point and back to the base
- Pictures/Videos (or for an extra charge payable on-site)
- Gloves and jackets can be provided on request
- Solid footwear
- Warm clothes
- Minimum age: 8 years (parental consent needed for passengers under 16)
- Minimum/Maximum weight: 100kg