If you're looking to go paragliding in Queenstown, we've got you covered! Take off from Coronet Peak, the highest take-off point for paragliders in the southern hemisphere, and enjoy the bird's-eye view of the spectacular unique landscape below. Let us take you on a once-in-a-lifetime tandem flight and see for yourself why paragliding in Queenstown is on so many people's bucket list! You won't regret it!
- Meeting & Preparation:
Our shuttle bus from our office in Queenstown to the take-off point at Coronet Peak leaves on the hour, so please arrive here 20 minutes before the start time specified on your booking confirmation to allow enough time for us to check you in. The bus ride itself takes around 20 minutes. Once we've reached the ski field on Coronet Peak, your experienced tandem pilot will brief you in detail about all things safety, talk you through take-off and landing procedures and help you get strapped into the harness.
- Start and Flight:
Once you're all set, nothing stands between you and the unique experience that is paragliding in Queenstown. Your instructor will tell you to run a few steps until the canopy opens up and lifts you gently into the air. After that, all you need to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy the incredible view of Queenstown, Lake Wakatipu and the surrounding mountains.
- After Landing:
At the end of your tandem paragliding flight, you will land at the foot of Coronet Peak, close to Arrowtown. From here, we will drive you back to Queenstown.
- Route: From the ski field on Coronet Peak to Arrowtown
- View of: Queenstown, Lake Wakatipu and the surrounding mountains of Otago
- Altitude change: 3.750ft./ 1.143m (or 4.100ft./1.250m for an additional USD 9)
- Total Duration: 1.5h
- Duration of the flight: 10 to 20 minutes
- Type of flight: Standard
- Complete flight equipment: tandem paraglider, harnesses, helmet
- Licensed, certified tandem pilot
- Transfer to the starting point and back to the base
- Pictures/Videos (or for an extra charge payable on-site)
- Gloves and jackets can be provided on request
- Solid footwear
- Warm clothes
- Minimum age: 8 years (parental consent needed for passengers under 16)
- Maximum weight:120kg