Want to steer your own boat? Try the mini-raft! It is the same principle as rafting, except that you are in a small boat from 3 to 6 persons and that there are no guides: you are the helmsman! You are completely safe because you are of course accompanied and coached by a guide on another boat. It is the ideal activity to have fun in small groups, without necessarily having previous experience in rafting.
We meet at our base on the edge of the Gave de Pau, where you can easily park in our car park. After you are equipped, we leave in the truck for a short journey of about ten minutes, until the starting point of our adventure. Then a briefing, and off we go!
The 13km descent will make us discover quiet sections, and a succession of rapids to get action! We adapt easily to your desires and the course is very flexible which allows families to have fun without being afraid, and adventurers to show their bravery. At the end of the course, we arrive directly on the beach of the base: we look together at the pictures! You can also enjoy a nice and warm shower.
- River: Gave de Pau (difficulty level: Class-II with III passages)
- Description: one of the most beautiful sections of the Gave de Pau. We pass in particular the famous wave of Flip Flap, and the basin of the Pont des Grottes, well-known place of the slalom and the rodeo rafting.
- Route: from 13km upstream, back to the base
- Distance: 13km
- Total duration: 3hrs
- Time on the river: 2hrs
- High-quality raft
- Rafting gear (wetsuit, neoprene jacket, socks, life jacket, helmet)
- Qualified rafting guide
- Transfer to the starting point and back to the base
- Free parking lot
- Second pair of shoes (which may get wet)
- Towel and shower gel
- Glasses lace
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- Swimming ability
- Physical health