Enjoy the perfect family adventure. On our Rotorua Rafting "Scenic Trip" you can expect spectacular nature, impressive waterfalls, and beautiful caves.
The tour is perfect for all ages from 5 years up and for those looking for a break from everyday stress and just want to relax. During the Rotorua Rafting Tour, you will be accompanied by one of our trained and experienced guides who will always take care of your safety. Additionally, you will get a picnic-style lunch. We are looking forward to an exciting day with you!
We meet at our base 15 minutes before the tour starts. You are also welcome to use our free pick-up service as long as you are staying in a hotel or motel in central Rotorua. For that, we will pick you up one hour before the start of the tour. You have to register with us and your guide will give you some important information about the tour. Afterward, you will receive an initial briefing to prepare you for the Rotorua Rafting tour. Your guide will then hand you all the high-quality equipment you can put on in one of our changing rooms. Here you will find lockers where you can store your valuables. Perfectly equipped, we will then go to the starting point of the tour at the river.
Before we start the tour we practice a few paddling techniques in the water. You will also receive a briefing to ensure your safety in the river. We will spend about 1.5hrs on the river, starting our tour at the foot of the Aniwhenua waterfall. Afterwards you will enjoy the lush jungle, cascading waterfalls and impressive caves.
Once you arrive at the end of the tour, we will pick you up and bring you back to our base where you can change your clothes.
- River: Rangitaiki River (Difficulty level: Class III-IV)
- Description: the river offers us a perfect route for families with children and people who are looking for relaxation in the untouched nature. Here we find beautiful caves, some waterfalls, and lush green jungle.
- Total duration: 5.5hrs
- Time on the river: 1.5hrs
- Participants per boat: 6 persons + Guide
- High-quality raft
- Rafting gear
- Certified rafting guide
- Transfer to the starting point and back to the base
- Photos/Videos (bookable on-site)
- Food and drinks
- Minimum age: 5 years (children under 10 years must be accompanied by an adult)
- Physical health
- Swimming ability
- Minimum/Maximum weight: min. 20kg-125kg