If you want to paddle as close to the river as possible, then canoe-raft on the Ubaye river is the activity for you. In an agile inflatable boat, you'll tackle the many rapids that are typical of this Southern Alps torrent. Even with two of you, it's going to be a tall order to keep the boat afloat! One of our state-certified instructors will supervise you on their own canoe and will give you advice, so you can have fun in complete safety.
Tour programme- Preparation:
We meet at our office in Le Lauzet-Ubaye
at the booked time, where we will get you equipped while getting to know each other. You will then be given a security demonstration by a state-certified guide before being taken to the start of the tour.- Tour:
Now it's time to get on your two-seater boat with your partner. You will quickly realize that the canoe-raft allows for more control but also for more thrills on the water, which means your muscles will be put under more strain than with normal rafting. Don't worry, you'll have time to regain your strength between rapids, but also to admire the wild landscapes along the river.- Return:
Once you have completed the tour, we will take you back to the base in our bus. A truly unforgettable experience!
- River: Ubaye (Difficulty level: moderate, class III-IV)
- Description: The Ubaye river is a tumultuous 50 km mountain stream, known for its rapids (more than 60!), making it a renowned whitewater sports destination throughout Europe.
- Distance: 9 km
- Total duration: 3 hrs
- Time on the river: 2 hrs
- High-quality craft
- State-certified guide
- High-quality rafting gear (wetsuit, neoprene jacket, socks, life jacket, helmet)
- Transfer to starting point and back to the base
- Second pair of trainers (which may get wet)
- Glasses strap
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- Swimming ability
- Physical ability