To sportsmen and thrill-seekers: discover canyoning in the Fleur Jaune canyon, the most beautiful and famous site on Reunion Island! Between the different abseiling and hiking in the middle of nature, this canyoning tour perfectly combines adrenaline and discovery of the natural wonders of the island. Technically accessible, this route still requires an excellent physical condition.
Tour programme- Preparation:
We will meet at 6 am at Cilaos
to brief you on the upcoming adventure and provide you with your high-quality equipment. After a 20-minute bus ride to the canyon car park, we'll suit up.- Tour:
A 10-min walk will lead us into the gorge where several abseils and jumps
are waiting for you. After a well-deserved lunch break, you will discover a narrow gorge called "la Chapelle"
. Then, two other abseils of 40m and a little walk are waiting for you to find the sunlight of Reunion. - Return:
Finally, after these 4hrs spent in the canyon, you will join Cilaos thanks to a botanical hike of 1.5h.
- Canyon: Fleurs Jaunes (Difficulty level: difficult)
- Description: this canyon, jewel of Reunion Island, promises you fun and excitement with its successive jumps and abseils.
- Total duration: 10hrs
- Time in the canyon: 2.5 to 4hrs
- Abseiling height: 55m maximum
- Jump height: 5m maximum (not mandatory)
- Complete high-quality canyoning equipment (incl. helmet, wetsuit, neoprene socks)
- High-class harness and rope material
- Certified canyoning guide
- Transfer to the point of entry
- Photos and videos
- Possibility of lending sport shoes for the activity for free
- A second pair of closed shoes (better if trekking shoes) to use during the activity (they will get wet)
- Glasses strap
- Picnic and water (1.5L minimum)
- Warm clothing (from June to September)
- Spare clothing
- Minimum age : 13 years old
- Minimum height: 1.40m
- Minimum weight: 30kg
- Physical health
- Swimming ability
- Don't be afraid of heights