We meet directly at the cave (D 64, 12150 Sévérac-d'Aveyron, France)
Details & Booking
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
The "Underground River" is an underground canyoning experience! Let yourself be tempted by an exciting adventure in a unique setting: learn about caving with this route that promises you unforgettable memories. Explore the resurgent river of the Tantayrou, which continues to shape wonderful underground landscapes. What rests assured: no diving passage required!
We meet you directly at the cave. There, you receive your equipment before going to the starting point of the canyon after a short approach walk (3 min).
After a narrow 8m long access corridor (mandatory passage to access the rest of the activity, claustrophobic to abstain!), you follow the river to the cave, along with a typical canyoning route: syphons, jumps and an 8m waterfall await you, until the underground lake of Tantayrou where you can swim. You will evolve in a unique lunar setting made of sculpted rocks and warm colours: a magical atmosphere guaranteed. At the end of the cave, where the ceiling meets the water surface, it will be time to turn back. There's no question of lingering too long: the water is only 6 degrees!
You will leave through the same access point as on the outward journey; a short walk (3min) will allow you to reach your car and you can then continue your day with memories in your head.
- Canyon: Rivière de Tantayrou (Difficulty level: moderate)
- Description: The Tantayrou River is a resurgent river that flows into the Tarn, it still models underground landscapes of great beauty, like the lake of the same name.
- Total duration: 3hrs
- Time in the cave: 2hrs
- Jump height: up to 8m (optional)
- Complete high-quality canyoning equipment (incl. helmet, wetsuit, neoprene socks)
- High-class harness and rope material
- Certified canyoning guide
- Second pair of shoes (which may get wet)
- Glasses lace
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- Swimming ability
- Physical health
Canyoning provider with certified canyoning guides
B&ABA Sport Nature is a canyoning provider with officially certified canyoning guides