In Viganj, we also welcome little surfers from 6 years to our colourful base! While adults can surf up to 800 meters from the beach, children stay in the bay, where they can discover windsurfing in a safe environment.
Meeting & Preparation
The meeting point is at our base, which is located directly at the beach in Viganj. The lesson always takes place in the morning from 9 or 10:45 am. as there is a light wind at this time. We will contact you one day before the start of the lesson to set the exact starting time. We will start the lesson with a one-hour theory session in which our little windsurfers will learn all about safety rules, controlling their board, priority & safety rules, wind direction, sail positions and turning manoeuvres.
As soon as everything has been explained, the kids are ready: Off to the changing rooms, on with the wetsuit and the equipment and the adventure can begin! In a group of maximum 4 to 5 surfers, the children will have learned all the basic skills after 4 days and will also get a nice children's certificate at the end of the course.
- Theory session at the base (safety rules, controlling the board, priority & safety rules, wind direction, sail positions and turning manoeuvres)
- Practice on the beach (sail positions + correct positioning on the board)
- Practice in the sea (manoeuvres, tacking, luffing, turning and jibe)
- Surfboard + sail
- Certified Windsurf Instructor
- Kayak rental (6h)
- Welcome drink
- Shower & lockers
- Swimwear & towel
- Shampoo & shower gel
- Water bottle (preferably plastic)
- Minimum age: 6 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability (not necessarily required, but definitely an advantage)