FREE cancellation with full refund up to 24 hours before the start of the activity
Details & Booking
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Discover the underwater world in the clearest water! With the scuba diving experts from Leagues Ahead Diving, you will spend a wonderful time learning about the basics of diving. Our team is certified, friendly and happy to share the knowledge with you and all of it surrounded by unique nature and beautiful beaches in Maspalomas. During the course, we will guide you through the theoretical and praxis part, so you are satisfied by the results and feel confident whilst scuba diving. To make your experience truly special, we offer you as well a professionally edited video from your course. We are looking forward to meeting you!
Goal of the course
After completing the course, you will be able to dive independently up to 18 meters. The goal of the course is to built and develop your knowledge in order to better understand the basis of scuba diving and feel confident underwater. Additionally, you will learn details of the scuba diving equipment and its kids depending on the temperature. You will use the previously learnt information in praxis during your open water dives. To ensure the highest comfort and the best results, we always teach you in 1:1 ratio which means your dive instructor is here only for you during the course.
Meeting & Preparation
We pick you up from your accommodation from the southern part of the island. Then we head to our office in Maspalomas to finalise the necessary paperwork (completing the medical statement). There you can also leave your belongings in one of the lockers and you will receive your diving equipment. The theoretical part of the course takes place in one of the classrooms in the office. Then, we drive to the place where the dive starts.
- Day 1: 3 Theory Lessons + 2 Practice in confined water + 1 Open Water Dive
- Day 2: 2 Theory Lessons + 2 Practice in confined water + 1 Open Water Dive
- Day 3: 1 Practice in confined water + 2 Open Water Dives
Note: The order and length of the individual parts of the course can change and will be individually adapted by the instructor.
- 5 Practice in confined water
- 4 Open Water Dives
- 5 Theory Lessons
- Certified PADI diving instructor
- High-quality diving gear (all you need for your dive: wetsuit, mask, fins, octopus, weights)
- Scuba tank (200 Bar for all dives)
- Transfers & Pick-up from your accommodation (from the southern part of the island)
- Learning material
- PADI registration fee & certificate
- Edited video with music from your dive experience (optional)
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- Physical health
- Swimming ability