Hit the waves of Mackenzie Beach in Larnaca and learn to windsurf with Windsurf City Cyprus! Our certified instructors are at your service to ensure you have a personalised and safe experience as you embark on your new adventure on the water. With us, you will learn the basics of windsurfing in no time, so that you can enjoy this great sport to the fullest!
Meeting & Preparation
We meet at our base on Mackenzie Beach at the agreed-upon time. Here, you will be asked to fill out a disclaimer and you can then change into your swimwear. We will hand you your equipment, including a helmet and a life vest, and then you're ready to get started with the course.
The start time depends on the tides to ensure the best conditions, so please plan some extra time on the day of your surf lessons. The exact start times are available 1 day in advance. We will inform you in time after you have completed the booking. The best time to go windsurfing is between 09:00 am and 12:00 pm, so the course will most likely take place within this timeframe.
- Introduction to equipment
- Basic Sailing Theory of Windsurfing
- Sailing and Turning
- Safety Rules
- On land and on water coaching
- Start Position, Sailing Position and Basic Turn
- Fast turn (Level 1 course only)
- Beach Start (Level 1 course only)
- Wetsuit (if needed)
- Surfboard + sail
- Certified windsurf instructor
- Shower & lockers
- 1 to 2 hours of free equipment rental after the course (Try Out Mini Course & Level 1 Course only)
- Beach towel
- Minimum age: 7 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability