FREE cancellation with full refund up to 24 hours before the start of the activity
Details & Booking
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Fancy doing THE most popular beginner's course with Pura Vida Diving in Lanzarote? Then this is it! The Open Water Diver Course offers a perfect introduction to diving and will allow you to explore the beauties of the underwater world on your own, like a true diving pro!
Goal of the course
After completing 5 training dives, 4 open water dives and theory sessions, you'll officially be an Open Water Diver. You'll have down all the basic knowledge about diving, including safety rules and diving techniques. The certificate allows you to dive up to 18 metres anywhere in the world together with a dive buddy.
Meeting & Preparation
We'll meet at our base at 08:00 am. If you're staying somewhere in Playa Blanca, we're also happy to come pick you up at your accommodation. Once at the base, you'll meet your instructor who'll go through the course's schedule with you and hand out the learning material.
- Day 1: Introduction Video + Theory Lesson
- Day 2: Practice Dives + Theory Lesson
- Day 3: 2 Open Water Dives (up to 12m) + Theory Lesson
- Day 4: 2 Open Water Dives (up to 18m)
Note: The order and length of the individual parts of the course can change and will be individually adapted by the instructor.
- 3 Theory Lessons
- Practice Dives in confined water
- 4 Open Water Dives
- Certified diving instructor (2 divers per instructor)
- High-quality diving gear (all you need for your dive: wetsuit, mask, fins, octopus, weights)
- Scuba tank (200 Bar for all dives)
- Daily Transfers & Pick-up from hotel (only if your accommodation is in Playa Blanca)
- Learning material
- SSI registration fee & certificate
- Food and drinks on the boat & at the base
- Pura Vida gift
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability
Please note that you will have to wait at least 24 hours after completing the dives before you can climb high altitudes or fly.
SSI Dive Center
Pura Vida Diving Lanzarote is part of the worldwide SSI network of dive centres that provide SSI certification courses, thereby following the organisation's internationally set standards for scuba diving education.