Details & Booking
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Canyoning in The Crags is a unique adventure that will have every outdoor-lover's heart skip a beat. Navigate the river shallows, slide down natural waterslides, jump into rock pools and abseil down waterfalls as you explore the beautiful Salt River and enjoy an all-around great day out in nature. This offer is a hot tip for anyone seeking to go canyoning in Plettenberg Bay, as it is only a relatively short drive away.
To go canyoning in The Crags, we meet at our base at the start time specified on your booking confirmation, where we will fit your wetsuit, get geared up and brief you on what to expect and how to stay safe. Once we're ready, we'll get in our van and drive to the starting point of the tour.
During the tour, you will use your skills to overcome a set of obstacles to make your way along the river. You will abseil down waterfalls, slide down natural waterslides and jump into, swim across or zipline over natural rock pools.
At the end of the tour, our colleagues will be waiting for you in the van to drive you back to the base where you're welcome to take a warm shower. You will also have the opportunity to purchase photos taken during your day out canyoning in The Crags.
- River: Salt River (Difficulty level: easy)
- Distance: approx. 2km
- Total duration: approx. 4-5 hours
- Time in the canyon: approx. 3-4 hours (time can vary depending on group size)
- Participants per tour: up to 10
- Complete high-quality canyoning equipment (incl. helmet, wetsuit, lifejacket)
- High-class harness and rope material
- Certified canyoning guide
- Transfer to the point of entry and back to the base
- Optional: Photos (can be purchased at the end of the tour)
- Shoes to swim in (can also be rented on-site for R50)
- Minimum age: 8 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability
- No pregnancies
Canyoning provider with certified canyoning guides
AfriCanyon Plettenberg Bay is a canyoning provider with officially certified canyoning guides