At the i-SITE Visitor Information Centre in Rotorua (1167 Fenton Street, Rotorua 3007, New Zealand)
FREE cancellation with full refund up to 24 hours before the start of the activity
Details & Booking
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Even during the winter months, rafting on Kaituna river is an adventure you definitely shouldn't miss. You will be paddling down of New Zealand's warmest rivers, which is why you don't need to be afraid of getting cold. Get ready for a real adrenaline rush, as you face Tutea Falls, the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the world!
You don't need any previous experience to go rafting on Kaituna river. Our professional and highly qualified guides know the river like the back of their hand and make you feel comfortable and safe throughout the whole trip. We can always adapt the tour to your preferred adrenaline level and tailor it to your wishes, no matter if you' looking for a calm and relaxing ride or action that makes you scream out loud.
We pick you up at the i-SITE Visitor Information Centre in Rotorua 40 minutes before the start of your rafting on Kaituna river. Alternatively you can come directly to our base in Okere Falls 15 minutes before the chosen start time. Once you arrive, we will hand out your equipment, you can change and store your belongings. The starting point of the tour is right across the street from our base. Before your adventure can start, you will receive a detailed introduction and safety briefing from your experienced guides.
Together with your guide, you will now paddle down Kaituna river. Along the way, you master challenging white water passages and pass through the stunning scenery of an ancient native forest. Our knowledgeable guides ensure your safety during the whole trip and are happy to tell you more about the cultural history of our region.
After about one exciting hour of rafting on Kaituna river, we reach the endpoint of the trip. Here our vehicles are already waiting to take you back to the base where you can shower and change.
Kids (10-12 years)
The minimum age to do the full trip with all waterfalls is 13 years. For children between 10 and 12 years, we offer the possibility to do the second half of the trip. For this, we accompany them to a point below the waterfall on foot where they can get on the boat and enjoy the rest of the tour.
- River: Kaituna River (Difficulty level: Class V; for half trip: Class III)
- Description: Rafting on Kaituna river is an adrenaline-packed adventure you should not miss, even in winter. The river is one of the warmest in New Zealand and takes you on a ride through spectacular nature within an ancient native forest.
- Total duration: 2 hrs (3 hrs with pick-up)
- Time on the river: 1 hrs
- Participants per raft: 6-7
- High-quality raft
- Rafting gear (wetsuit, neoprene jacket, booties, buoyancy aid, helmet)
- Certified rafting guide
- Transfer to the starting point and back to the base
- Pick-up from Central Rotorua if required
- Professional photos can be purchased for 30 NZD after the tour
- Minimum age: 13 years for the full trip
- Kids between 10 and 12 years can do the second half of the trip
- Physical health