FREE cancellation with full refund up to 24 hours before the start of the activity
Details & Booking
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
When visiting New Zealand, skydiving in Tauranga is something you definitely shouldn't miss out on! The free fall over the stunning Bay of Plenty is considered to be the most beautiful skydive on the North Island. Marvel at Mount Maunganui, golden beaches and the deep blue sea as you plummet towards the ground at 200km/h. If this doesn't give you the ultimate adrenaline rush, nothing will.
- Meeting and preparation:
Please book either our morning or our afternoon slot. The exact start times will be arranged with you individually upon completed booking, so please plan in some extra time.
On the day, we meet at our base at the time agreed-upon time, where you will be thoroughly briefed. After that, your instructor will help you into your gear. Once you're ready, you will board the plane together for a scenic flight of around 20 minutes to reach your designated altitude.
- Flight and jump:
At either 10,000 ft. / 3,048 m or 12,000 ft. / 3.658 m (depending on which altitude you choose), your tandem master will attach you to his harness and the door of the plane will be opened. Then, all you need to do is enjoy the thrill of a lifetime as you roll over the edge and experience a 30-second free fall until your tandem master deploys the parachute. During the subsequent parachute flight, you'll be treated to breathtaking views of the Bay of Plenty. When jumping from higher up, skydiving in Tauranga allows you to see as far as White Island, Mount Ruapehu, the Rotorua Lakes, the Coromandel and even Mount Taranaki.
- Landing and return:
At the end of the skydiving experience, we will gently land back on the airfield at Tauranga Airport.
- Participants: up to 2 tandems at the same time
- Scenic plane flight: 20-25 min
- Freefall: 30 - 45 sec
- Paragliding panorama flight: 5 min
- Total duration: 2h
- Flight equipment: harnesses, parachute
- Certified tandem master
- Exit photo
- Tandem photos
- Tandem video
- Tandem cam (video and photos by your tandem master)
- Double shot: (tandem cam + exit photo)
- Outside cam (additional videographer jumps alongside you and records your experience)
- Comfortable clothes
- Shoes that won't fall off
- Weight: please contact us after booking if you weigh more than 100kg so we can arrange for suitable gear
- Minimum age: 7 years (parental consent needed for under 18s)
- Basic level of fitness