At our office (35 Shotover Street, Queenstown 9300)
FREE cancellation with full refund up to 24 hours before the start of the activity
Details & Booking
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Combine two exciting outdoor activities and make the best memories! White water rafting from Queenstown and jet boat ride are suitable for everyone keen on feeling some adrenaline, cliff jumping and paddling through the pure river waters.
You will first take a 40 minutes long jet boat ride to the be guided through the Kawarau River during a 2-hour rafting tour. Our local guides are eager to share their knowledge and experience with you as well as taking care of your safety during your white water rafting from Queenstown. Join us and let us show you the beauty of our region!
We will wait for you at our main office in Queenstown. To be able to begin white water rafting from Queenstown on time, we kindly ask you to arrive 20 minutes before the booked time. Once there, you will take our shuttle bus to the rafting base at Arthurs Peak. There, you will receive the necessary equipment for the tour before again stepping into the bus which will take you this time to our kiosk in Queenstown Bay where the first part of your adventure will start.
First, we will take a jet boat ride for 40 minutes, across Lake Wakatipu. During the ride, your captain will perform the famous and fun 360-degrees spins. Next, we will drive you further down the Kawaru River where you will meet your whitewater raft guides. From there, you will continue your trip paddling in your raft, swimming in the river's waters as well jumping from the cliffs even though the cliff part is not obligatory. The last part of our tour will consist of a 400 meters long Dog Leg Rapid which is the longest commercial rafted rapid.
After the last part of paddling is completed, we will be back in our base by the river. There, you will have an opportunity to take a hot shower and taste some local beer and food at the restaurant (not included in the price). Afterwards, we will jump again into the shuttle bus to downtown Queenstown.
- River: Kawarau River (Difficulty level: Class II-III)
- Description: connected to the Lake Wakatipu, Kawarau river has slow to medium rapids. Along the canyon, there are many high rocky formations as well as rich vegetation. It offers an opportunity to perform cliff jumping and swim in its transparent waters.
- Route: Lake Wakatipu - Kawarau River
- Total duration: 4,5 hrs
- Time on the river: 2 hrs
- Participants per raft: 6
- Time on the lake: 40 min
- High-quality raft
- Rafting gear (wetsuit, wetsuit jacket, spray jacket, paddle, helmet, wetsuit booties, life jacket)
- Certified rafting guide
- Transfer to the starting point and back to the base
- Photos (possible to purchase on-site)
- Second pair of trainers (which may get wet)
- Glasses strap
- Minimum age: 13 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability
- Rafting experience
- Minimum weight: 40 kg
- Maximum weight: 120 kg
- Rafting with a heart condition or while taking heart medication is not permitted
- Rafting while pregnant is not permitted