FREE cancellation with full refund up to 24 hours before the start of the activity
Details & Booking
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Come and join our experienced team of experts on your own private abseiling on Table Mountain in Cape Town's in Table Mountain National Park. During our abseiling on Table Mountain activity you will depart from the base of the mountain next to where the Tafelberg Road begins on the edge of Cape Town's Gardens district. You'll then be on your way for a demanding hike towards Table Mountain, one of Cape Town's most unique and picturesque natural environments.
Abseiling on table mountain offers a plentiful challenge on one of South Africa's most impressive mountainsides. Those who wish to take on the challenge can choose the rocky and demanding Table Mountain climb, and continue with our exhilarating abseiling descent down the mountain's facade. Those not in the mood for a challenge can take the more leisurely hikes around the national park's other fabulous landmarks such as Lions Head mountain and Silvermine natural reserve, avoiding the abseiling altogether. Our Abseiling on Table Mountain activity is truly unique and we can't wait to have you on board!
You will meet very early in the morning with the hiking starting around 8:00. You'll either be picked up at your accommodation by our team, or if you so wish you can make your own way to the meeting point. If you wish to be picked up at your accommodation you can decide this with the team whose contact details you will be provided when you book the activity.
You have a choice of three mountains and we recommend them differently depending on experience and fitness levels. We can offer an easy to moderate route for people who feel like taking in the surrounding views of the sea and cape town and for who abseiling is too much of a challenge. Then our primary offer is the hike to table mountain which can be quite difficult and is followed by the abseiling activity once arrived at the descent point on Table Mountain. We recommend abseiling on table mountain to people with good fitness levels and who are feeling ready for an adventure.
After we are done with the abseiling we return back down the mountain and hike back to Tafelberg road where we started it.
- Mountain: Table Mountain
- Description: Table Mountain is part of Table Mountain national park and is one of the highest and well-known hiking domains in South Africa with around 350 trails which lead to the top of table mountain. It overlooks the sea and also offers some stunning views of the city of Cape Town.
- Meeting point and start of hike: On the Tafelberg Road next to the Kloof Nek Parking
- Total duration: 4 - 6 hours (depending on fitness)
- Transfer from your accommodation to the start of the hike if required (communicate with provider)
- All abseiling equipment
- Experienced Guide
- Sturdy shoes with good grip
- Light Jacket
- Pack Lunch
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Physical health: Good fitness levels will improve speed and quality of hike