Our PADI / SSI Open Water Diver Course is a perfect opportunity to learn the basics of diving in a short period of time. Our professional divers will teach you everything about diving and take you for an amazing outing to go scuba diving in Gold Coast.
In our Open Water Diver course, everybody from 12 years upwards is welcome. No previous experience is needed, the only thing you should bring is your enthusiasm for discovering the wonders of the underwater world.
The PADI / SSI Open Water Diver qualifies you to:
- dive to a maximum depth of 18 meters/60 feet
- plan and execute dives with a certified buddy
- rent or buy diving equipment worldwide
Before we go scuba diving in Gold Coast, you will learn some basic principles of diving in an online study programme, to which we will send you the access code. On the first day of the course, bring the confirmation slip from the eLearning platform with you to our dive centre. At the centre, you will also be asked to complete a medical declaration to make sure you are in good physical health to participate in the PADI or SSI course.- Kick-off:
To participate in this course for scuba diving in Gold Coast, come at least 10 min
ahead the booked time to our dive centre located in Miami. You can also use our free hotel shuttle service in the area from Surfers Paradise to Burleigh. First, we will go to the pool and train some basic skills for about 3 hours.
You will be able to start scuba diving in Gold Coast when you feel confident enough underwater and have acquired all the basic scuba skills in confined water. Depending on the currents and weather conditions, we will choose a spot for your open water dives near Wave Break Island, Cook Island or somewhere else. The course takes approx. 5h a day and in total about 3 days, but we always set it individually.
- 5 Theory Lessons
- 4 Practice Dives in the Pool/in confined water
- 4 Open Water Dives
- Certified PADI / SSI diving instructor
- High-quality diving gear (all you need for your dive: wetsuit, mask, fins, octopus, weights)
- Scuba tank (200 Bar for all dives)
- Transfer & Pick-up from hotel
- E-Learning material
- PADI / SSI registration fee & certificate
- Photos on a USB (bookable on-site for 40 AUD)
- Minimum age: 12 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability