If you are looking for real thrills and unforgettable moments, this is the right offer for you. On the Rotorua Rafting "Waterfall Experience" you paddle through the crystal clear waters of the Kaituna River until you reach the highlight of the tour: a 7m high waterfall.
Along the way, you will pass 14 rushing rapids, where you will have to show team spirit and skill to stay on course. During the Rotorua Rafting "Waterfall Experience" you will be accompanied by an experienced and trained guide who will prepare you for the adventure before the tour and take care of your safety during the tour. Every adrenaline junkie from the age of 13 can participate in this experience. We are looking forward to an exciting day with you!
We meet at our base 15 minutes before the tour starts. You are also welcome to make usage of our free pick-up service as long as you are staying in a hotel or motel in central Rotorua. For that, we will pick you up half an hour before the start of the tour. On-site you have to register with us and your Rotorua Rafting guide will give you some important information about the tour. Afterward, you will receive an initial briefing to prepare you for the tour. Your guide will then hand you the complete high-quality equipment which you can put on in one of our changing rooms. Here you will find lockers where you can store your valuables. After that, we will get into our car and take you to the starting point of the tour.
Before we start the tour we practice a few paddling techniques in the water. You will also receive a briefing to ensure your safety in the river. We will spend about 50 minutes on the river. Before getting to the impressive waterfall, we will pass two smaller waterfalls and can consolidate our already-acquired skills in numerous rapids. The 7m high waterfall is the highest commercial waterfall in the world and will definitely amaze you.
Once you arrive at the end of the Rotorua Rafting "Waterfall Experience" tour, we will pick you up and bring you back to our base where you can change your clothes.
- River: Kaituna River (Difficulty level: Class V)
- Description: the river offers numerous exciting passages for real rafting enthusiasts. Look forward to 14 rushing rapids, crystal clear waters, and 3 waterfalls. Furthermore, you will be surrounded by breathtaking nature during the whole tour.
- Total duration: 2hrs - 2.5hrs
- Time on the river: 50min
- Participants per boat: 6 persons + Guide
- High-quality raft
- Rafting gear
- Certified rafting guide
- Transfer to the starting point and back to the base
- Photos/Videos (bookable on-site)
- Minimum age: 13 years (children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult)
- Physical health
- Swimming ability
- Minimum/Maximum weight: min. 40kg-125kg