If you are looking for adrenaline-packed white water rafting near Rotorua, our Kaituna River rafting trip is exactly what you need. Join our experienced guides on an exciting journey through a spectacular gorge and face the world's highest commercially rafted waterfall: Tutea Falls. We can guarantee that this Kaituna River rafting experience will be an unforgettable adventure for everyone from the age of 10 years.
Tour programme- Preparation:
For your Kaituna River rafting experience we meet directly at our base in Okere Falls, about 20 minutes by car from Rotorua. Before the adventure can start you receive all the necessary equipment and can change into your wetsuits. You will also get a detailed safety introduction during which your guides will tell you everything you need to know about Kaituna River white water rafting.- Tour:
With our vehicles, we take you to the starting point on the river. Along the way you paddle together with your teammates overcoming 14 different rapids, the highlight being the breathtaking 7-metre high Tutea Falls. At the same time you get a glimpse of the stunning natural environment surrounding Kaituna river in all its beauty.- Return:
At the end of your Kaituna River rafting tour, we take you back to our meeting point where you can change back into dry clothes. You will also have the opportunity to purchase photos of your adventure to take back home.
- River: Kaituna River (Difficulty level: up to Class V)
- Description: Not far from Rotorua, the Kaituna River provides visitors with a unique rafting adventure amidst New Zealand's lush, green nature. Join a breathtaking ride and find out why facing Tutea Falls is the highlight of every Rotorua rafting trip!
- Distance: 2 km
- Total duration: 2 hours
- Time on the river: 45 minutes
- Participants per boat: 2-6
- High-quality raft
- Rafting gear (wetsuit, neoprene jacket, shoes, buoyancy aid, helmet)
- Certified rafting guide
- Transfer from the meeting point to the starting point and back to the meeting point
- Photos can be purchased for 40 NZD after the tour
- Swimwear or clothes that may get wet
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Physical health