Get ready for unforgettable white water action on one of New Zealand's best rafting trips! It's only possible to go rafting on the Wairoa River on 26 Sundays of the year because it is controlled by a hydro dam. Seize the opportunity and join us for an adrenaline rush as you navigate down the class 5 rapids of this powerful river.
Tour programme- Preparation:
For your rafting experience on Wairoa River, we meet at the fork between Mclaren Falls Road and Ormsby lane, about 20 minutes from Tauranga. Before the adventure can start you receive all the necessary equipment and can change into your wetsuits. You will also get a detailed safety introduction during which your guides will tell you everything you need to know about white water rafting on Wairoa River.- Tour:
With our vehicles, we take you to the starting point on the river. Along the way, you paddle together with your teammates overcoming numerous grade 5 rapids and drops on a 5-kilometre stretch of Wairoa River. At the same time, you get to enjoy magnificent views of an impressive gorge right in the middle of the Kaimai Ranges.- Return:
At the end of your white water rafting on Wairoa River, we take you back to our meeting point where you can change back into dry clothes. You will also have the opportunity to purchase photos of your adventure to take back home.
- River: Wairoa River (Difficulty level: Class V)
- Description: Wairoa means "long water" in Maori and describes this majestic river perfectly. Only raftable on 26 days a year, it offers an exclusive white water rafting experience perfect for everybody who loves action.
- Distance: 5 km
- Total duration: 3 hours
- Time on the river: 2 hours
- Participants per boat: 2-6
- High-quality raft
- Rafting gear (wetsuit, neoprene jacket, shoes, buoyancy aid, helmet)
- Certified rafting guide
- Transfer from the meeting point to the starting point and back to the meeting point
- Photos can be purchased for 40 NZD after the tour
- Swimwear or clothes that may get wet
- Minimum age: 13 years
- Physical health