If you would like to spend a relaxed yet exciting day with your loved ones, we have exactly the right option for you. Our Tarawera River rafting trip is suitable for children from the age of 7 years and therefore the ideal adventure if you are looking to have a great day amidst New Zealand's stunning nature with your whole family.
Tour programme- Preparation:
For your rafting experience on Tarawera River, we meet directly in Kawerau, about 45 minutes from Rotorua. Before the adventure can start you receive all the necessary equipment and can change into your wetsuits. You will also get a detailed safety introduction during which your guides will tell you everything you need to know about white water rafting on Tarawera River.- Tour:
With our vehicles, we take you to the starting point on the river. Along the way, you paddle together with your teammates overcoming fun grade 2 and 3 rapids on a 7-kilometre stretch of Tarawera River. At the same time you get to enjoy the natural beauty of the idyllic Tarawera forest.- Return:
At the end of your Tarawera River rafting tour, we take you back to our meeting point where you can change back into dry clothes. You will also have the opportunity to purchase photos of your adventure to take back home.
- River: Tarawera River (Difficulty level: Class II-III)
- Description: The Tarawera river is a real hidden gem and features the spectacular Tarawera falls as well as the slalom rapids from the world rafting championships in 2013. Its crystal clear waters and gentle twists and turns make it the perfect place for your family rafting adventure.
- Distance: 7 km
- Total duration: 3 hours
- Time on the river: 1 hour
- Participants per boat: 2-6
- High-quality raft
- Rafting gear (wetsuit, neoprene jacket, shoes, buoyancy aid, helmet)
- Certified rafting guide
- Transfer from the meeting point to the starting point and back to the meeting point
- Photos can be purchased for 40 NZD after the tour
- Swimwear or clothes that may get wet
- Minimum age: 7 years
- Physical health