If someone told you to go jump off a cliff… would you do it? How about if we did? Trust us, you won't regret it – for freefall without equal this will be the heart-pounding highlight of your life.
After leaping off the 109m high platform you'll fall 60 metres, rushing past the rocky cliff so close you'll think you can touch it.
From there you'll undergo the super-smooth transition from freefall to swing, the ground will rush up as you soar across the mighty Shotover River.
We simply don’t jump off a cliff we make it fun. Why not ride off on a trike or with a bin on your head? Don’t worry though we are still a bit traditional with forwards and backwards styles too. For those whose feet just won’t leave the safety of the ground, we have cutaway options. With solo and tandem options to choose from, there's something for everyone.
For your canyon swing in Queenstown, we meet at our shop in the city centre. After you check-in, we'll ask you to fill out our safety form before meeting our friendly staff. We will take you to the Canyon Swing site which is a 15-minute drive from Queenstown. From the parking lot, the platform can be reached by walking a few hundred metres downhill.- Canyon Swing:
When it's your turn, our experienced drop masters will assist you in putting on your harness and give you all the safety instructions and the encouragement you might need to take the leap. Now it's time to choose your jump style (forwards, backwards, with a chair or a slide, etc.: there are no limits) and get ready for your ultimate adrenaline rush. A breathtaking 60-metre free fall is followed by a 200-metre swing over the stunning Shotover Canyon. After the swing, you are pulled back up to the platform. You will also have the opportunity to view and purchase photos and videos of your canyon swing in Queenstown, a perfect way of sharing your adventure with friends and family at home.
- High-quality ropes & equipment
- Transfer from central Queenstown and back
- Option to purchase photos & videos for an extra charge on-site (starting at NZD 50)
- Solid, closed-toe footwear
- Appropriate clothing for outdoors and all weather conditions (in winter: jacket, hat & gloves)
- With suitable hands-free mounts (wrist, head, chest), you can take your own Go Pro/camera along
- Minimum age: 10 years (minors under 16 only with parental consent)
- All participants must be able to fit the harness
- Minimum weight: 35kgs
- Maximum weight: 160kgs (180kgs combined weight for tandem swing)
- Physical health (you must include details of any relevant medical conditions in your safety form before jumping)
- Not suitable for those who are pregnant