Yes, it’s some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. But that’s not why you’re here, is it? Nope, you’re here to step it up a notch and take it to the extreme. The Fox is a zipline like no other. It’s high, it’s fun and you’ll be sure to get your woo-ha on.
Welcome to the world’s only zipline that lets gravity drop you from 180 metres high onto a 240-metre long cable to rush you across the canyon abyss.
This is just like the flying foxes at the local playground we Kiwis grew up with – except it’s 138 metres high and you can race alongside your buddy.
Here’s why we’re different!!
We invented a unique launch ramp allowing you to choose a jump style that suits you best. Want to push the limits? Then take those giant strides and run off the edge of the cliff. Or would you rather sit back and let gravity slide you down the rail until you pop off the edge? It’s up to you, any way you choose you’ll be grinning ear to ear.
For your zipline in Queenstown, we meet at our booking office in the town centre. After you check-in, we'll ask you to fill out our safety form before meeting our friendly staff. We will take you to the zipline site which is a 15-minute drive from Queenstown. From the parking lot, the starting point can be reached by walking a few hundred metres uphill.- Zipline:
When it's your turn, our experienced zipline masters will assist you in putting on your harness and give you all the safety instructions and the encouragement you might need to take the leap. Now it's time to choose your launch style (sideways, forwards, running down the ramp, etc: there are no limits) and get ready for your ultimate adrenaline rush. After a breathtaking 5-metre drop, you speed over the famous Shotover Canyon on 445 metres of cables and can enjoy spectacular views. After you've experienced our zipline in Queenstown, you will also have the opportunity to view and purchase photos, a perfect way of sharing your adventure with friends and family at home.
- High-quality ropes & equipment
- Transfer from central Queenstown and back
- Option to purchase photos for an extra charge on-site (starting at NZD 50)
- Solid, closed-toe footwear
- Appropriate clothing for outdoors and all weather conditions (in winter: jacket, hat & gloves)
- With suitable hands-free mounts (wrist, head, chest), you can take your own Go Pro/camera along
- Minimum age: 10 years (minors under 16 only with parental consent)
- All participants must be able to fit the harness
- Minimum weight: 35kgs
- Maximum weight: 125kgs
- Physical health (you must include details of any medical conditions in your safety form before the activity)
- Not suitable for those who are pregnant