Get ready for an unforgettable challenge on one of the country's most beautiful rivers! The exhilarating grade 5 stretch of Rangitata Gorge makes for some of the best white water rafting on New Zealand's South Island. Alongside our experienced guides, you will perfect your paddling skills and prepare to face thunderous rapids that won't leave anyone dry. After this adrenaline rush, you will have earned a delicious Kiwi BBQ.
Tour programme- Preparation:
For your Rangitata Gorge rafting adventure, we meet at our base in Peel Forest
near Geraldine. Here you meet our team and get all the necessary equipment. As soon as everybody put on their wetsuit we drive to the river in our vehicles. Before we get in the water, your experienced guide will give you a detailed safety talk
to prepare you for the trip.- Tour:
We start our tour on a calmer stretch of the river, where you can get used to paddling and warm up with some grade 2 and 3 rapids. Before we hit the wildest section of Rangitata Gorge, you have the chance to get out of the boat and check out what's to come. Now you're ready to face the challenge of the grade 5 rapids
together with your guide and fellow rafters. But no need to be scared: if you don't feel safe, you can also walk around the wild stretch with our photographer. Afterwards, you will also have the chance to go for a refreshing swim
in a calmer part of the river.- Return
At the end of the tour, we will be picked up and taken back to our base. While you change and take a hot shower, we prepare a classic Kiwi BBQ
with delicious South Canterbury sausages, coleslaw and potatoes for you. Now it's time to relax, enjoy some great food, and check out the photos of your adventure.
- River: Rangitata Gorge (Difficulty level: Class II-V)
- Description: With some of New Zealand's most exhilarating rapids, the glacially-fed Rangitata gorge is the place to be for some real rafting action amidst spectacular nature.
- Distance: 10 km
- Total duration: 4.5 hrs
- Time on the river: 2.5 hrs
- Participants per boat: up to 7
- High-quality raft
- Rafting and safety gear (wetsuit, thermals, fleeces, windbreaker, booties, flotation vest, helmet)
- Certified rafting guide
- Transfer from our base to the river and back to the base
- Classic Kiwi BBQ
- Optional: Photos (per boat; up to 7 people can share the same set of photos)
- Glasses strap
- Minimum age: 13 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability
- Minimum weight: 40 kgs
- This tour is not suitable if you are pregnant.