The zipline in Glenorchy will surprise you with a 1000 m of nature trail. On our 8 ziplines fun, surprise and wonder are guaranteed. During this unforgettable experience you will feel like you are flying over the river without any fear because your safety is the priority of our guides. The Glenorchy zipline is without doubt the most spectacular zipline in Queenstown, come and try it!
Tour programme- Preparation:
Once you arrive at our base, 2 guides
will take care of you and help you put the harness on. After the preparations, the route will begin with a 15 minute uphill walk
. - Tour:
The first zipline will take you over the Oxburn stream and show you the mountains that have welcomed the setting of the Lord of the Rings
. The second and third zipline lead through the native red beech forest. The fourth zipline is 200 metres long and will give you a close-up view of the canyon created by the stream. The following 3 ziplines follow the course of the river, so you can admire its rapids and the valley. The route ends with the eighth zipline called Blue Lagoon
. - Return:
At the end of the eighth zipline, after about 45 min our guides will accompany you to our base, via a flat path of about 100 m
. There, you will hand over the harness and collect your personal belongings and our staff will take you then back to the place from which you were picked you up.
- Location of activity: Glenorchy
- Description: The Glenorchy area where the activity takes place is officially called Paradise. With its unspoilt nature, the alpine stream, the canyon and the red beech forest, the location is stunning.
- Route length: 1000 m
- Certified guide
- Place to leave personal belongings
- Small backpack with: water, snack
- Hiking boots
- You can carry a small camera that can fit in your pocket or GoPro (there is no possibility to attach it to your helmet).
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Minimum/Maximum weight: 30kg/125kg
- Physical health
- No fear of heights
- Not suitable for pregnant women