Riversurfing on the Kawarau River is a unique challenge you surely will not miss out! Thanks to our light and easy to manoeuvre bodyboards you will be able to ride the river's whirlpools and rapids in the best and safest way possible. This experience is the bust opportunity to try something out of your comfort zone and that you will remember forever. Come and conquer grade 2-3 rapids!
Tour programme- Preparation:
We meet 15 minutes before
the booked time at our base if you wish to take advantage of od our transfer service. If you want to come directly to the river, please come there 30 minutes after the booked time. Once on the river, you will be given a safety introduction
to the whole activity. The trip starts in a calmer section of the river where you will have to prove your swimming skills. - Tour:
The high water volume of the Kawarau River will let you experience constant adrenaline and will challenge you during the whole time! During the trip on the river, you will ride for a total of 14km
. Once you finish the first round, we will take you back to the starting point to let you ride the river once more. With some practice, you will be able to master the river and to ride the most demanding rapids of grade 2-3, whirlpools and eddy lines. Once passed the mighty white water of the river, you can enjoy a relaxing flow on the calmer part of the river and stop for some cliff jumps.- Arrival:
After around 1.5hrs in the river, you will reach the meeting point, the Roaring Meg Power Station.
- River: Kawarau River (Difficulty level: Class II-III)
- Description: The Kawarau River is perfect to experience water activities because of its different sections, from the calm ones to the more agitated. You can enjoy swimming through rapids, riding whirlpools and eddy lines and even some cliff jumping.
- Route: from Roaring Meg Power Station and back
- Distance: 14km
- Total duration: 4.5hrs
- Time on the river: 1.5hrs
- High-quality equipment
- Certified guide
- Transfer from Queenstown (optional)
- Photos (bookable on-site - NZ$40)
- Light snacks & refreshments
- Minimum age: 8 (consent needed for passengers under 18)
- Physical health
- Swimming ability