We meet at the train station in Ilanz (Via dalla Staziun 25) and then walk to our base (Giessli 8, 7130 Ilanz).
Details & Booking
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Dear nature lovers, this is the tour you were looking for. Take your time and enjoy the Vorderrhein river in all its beauty. With our state-licensed guide you will safely get through the first part, then we will have a lavish lunch at a nice spot close to the river. An adventure you will remember for a long time to come.
We meet at the train station in Ilanz, from where we take you to our base. There you will be welcomed by our guides who will give you a short introduction and detailed information about the tour. You will then receive your white water clothing and can put it on immediately. At the embarkation point you will receive a short safety talk and paddling instructions.
Now we can head off and start into the impressive Rhine Gorge with steep limestone walls and high rock towers. Splashing rapids provide a lot of fun and excitement. When booking incl. barbecue we stop halfway in Versam and enjoy a rich barbecue on the river bank.
The tour ends at our disembarkation point in Reichenau. Your dry clothes and a Happy Landing Apéro are already waiting there for you!
Arrival by public transport
By train to Ilanz station. Our starting time is adjusted to the timetable (day tour at 10:32 am)
Arrival by car
If you arrive by car, leave your car in Reichenau and take the train to Ilanz (direction: Disentis). The best way is to park your car in the free gravel car park at our disembarkation point in Reichenau (for navigation: Im Farsch, 7402 Bonaduz). From there you reach the station Reichenau-Tamins in 10 minutes on foot. At the end of the tour you will arrive directly at your cars.
Departure times of the train in Reichenau-Tamins:
Day tour: 10:05 am (arrival in Ilanz at 10:32 am)
- River: Vorderrhein (Difficulty level: Level III)
- Description: Over the years, the river has created a unique landscape: white limestone cliffs and green floodplains characterize the area. You can expect sparkling rapids, which are passable for everyone due to the easy to medium whitewater.
- Distance: 20 km
- Total duration: approx. 5:30 h
- Rafting duration (time on river): approx. 2 hours
- State-licensed rafting guide
- High class rafts
- Complete whitewater equipment
- Barbecue (vegetarian on request)
- Luggage transport to the disembarking point
- Happy landing apéro after the tour
- Backpack/bag (big enough for your clothes and shoes)
- Depending on the weather synthetic sports underwear for better insulation
- For spectacle wearers: Eyewear strap for glasses
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Physical health
Great experience with a very nice and competent guide (Norman) Gladly again 👍
Translated with Google Translate
A great experience: Well organized, great guides, good equipment We felt safe at all times and, above all, had fun! Thank you!
Translated with Google Translate
Canyoning provider with certified canyoning guides
Swiss River Adventures is a canyoning provider with officially certified canyoning guides
Rafting provider with certified rafting guides
Swiss River Adventures is a rafting provider with officially certified rafting guides