Families with kids will love this rafting adventure. Paddle along the river Gail with your family and experience a wonderful tour in the middle of Carinthia's beautiful landscape. The big raft will give your whole family the opportunity to spend an unforgettable time together in one boat. A certified rafting guide will ensure your safety during the entire tour.
Tour programme- Preparation:
We meet at our base in Hermagor
, where you will first receive your equipment.
With your own cars, you drive to the starting point in Postran, where a briefing and the safety talk
by the certified guide follows. - Tour:
After that, the adventure begins, and you can head into the water. On the river, small rapids
which are well manageable for everyone, await you and provide a lot of fun. If you want, you can also take a dip in the refreshing water during a short stop at a sandbank. - Return:
At the end of the tour, you will be met by a car that will take the drivers back to the car park in Postran so that they can pick up the rest of the group. If you are looking for a well-deserved refreshment after the tour, there is the Gailwirt restaurant about 150m from the exit point.
- River: Lower Gail (Difficulty level: Class I)
- Description: This section of the Gail river has perfect conditions for your family rafting adventure
- Route: Postran to "Fischerman's Cross" at the Gail river
- Distance: ca. 10km
- Total duration: ca. 2h30min
- Time on the river: ca. 1h30min
- High quality raft
- Rafting gear (wetsuit (sizes: XS-XXL; kids sizes: from 4 years old), neoprene jacket, shoes (sizes: 24-50), life jacket, helmet)
- Qualified rafting guide
- Swimwear, t-shirt & socks to wear underneath the wetsuit
- Spare clothes
- Glasses lace
- Minimum age: 4 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability