The initiation courses are ideal for families with children from 8 years old who would like to try rafting and learn the basics. On the route from Gstaad to Rougemont we pass through the Vanel gorges. The one from Enney to Broc in the district of Gruyère is especially very calm and easy.
You arrive at our base at the scheduled time where you first have time to equip yourself (we have private facilities where you can change). After the bus ride to the departure point, your guide gives you a theoretical introduction on safety. During our trip on the raft, the guide lets you know when to paddle - but most of the time you can fully enjoy the beautiful scenery, as the course is quite quiet. When arrriving at our final point, you will be taken back to our base where a small aperitif with cheese tasting of the region is offered.
- River: Sarine (difficulty level: class I-III)
- Description : Passing through 3 magnificent gorges, the Sarine is a white water in the mountain which is perfect to work on your technique and play endlessly, as its level of difficulty is increasing steadily.
- Route 1: from Gstaad to Rougemont (8km, class II-III)
- Route 2: from Enney to Broc (5.5km, class I-II) - can be selected on request after booking
- Total duration: 2h to 2h30min
- Time on the river: 1h
- High quality raft
- Rafting gear (wetsuit, life jacket, neoprene shoes), helmet
- Qualified rafting guide
- Transfer to the starting point and back to the base
- Small aperitif
- Glasses lace
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability
*The barbecue (possible in all weather conditions, from 10 people onwards) consists of a menu with three kinds of salad, hot potatoes, 200g of grilled meat per person (chicken, pork, beef and spicy sausages), and as a dessert fruits with coffee.