You always wanted to try canyoning, but never had the chance? Then now is just the right time. Here in the Soča valley, the Sušec Canyon is an ideal place for first canyoning experiences. For beginners as well as experienced adrenaline junkies this gorge is a real canyoning spectacle. Together we will conquer a total of 20 larger and smaller waterfalls over a distance of 2km.
We meet at our base in Kobarid. There you can park your car in our private car park for the duration of the tour. After you have checked in you will get your canyoning equipment. Afterwards, there is a common transfer to the starting point of the canyoning tour. On the spot, you will receive an introduction to the most important things you need to know before canyoning. We also practice safe abseiling to be well prepared in the canyon. From the starting point, we walk about 25 minutes along the old Italian mule track to the entrance of the Sušec Canyon.
In total, we will descend 20 smaller and larger waterfalls on this tour. We can rappel down or jump down one or the other smaller waterfall. Nothing is obligatory - if a waterfall is too high for you to jump, our certified and well-trained guides will rope you down, or you can walk past it. Natural slides and whirlpools are also not missing on this canyoning tour. We look forward to experiencing this adventure together with you.
- Canyon: Sušec (difficulty level: moderate)
- Description: Sušec is one of the best accessible canyons in the area and its crystal-clear waters invite you to jump in
- Distance: 2km
- Total duration: 3h
- Time in the canyon: 2h
- Abseiling height: 12m
- Jump height: 3-12m
- Slide length: 3-5m
- Complete high-quality canyoning equipment (incl. helmet, wetsuit, life jacket, shoes)
- High-class harness and rope material
- Qualified canyoning guide
- Transfer to the point of entry and back to the base
- Second pair of shoes (which may get wet)
- Glasses lace
- Minimum age: 9 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability