/ day (8.5hrs)
We meet at our base in the Town Krk (Dubrovačka ul. 10, 51500, Krk, Croatia)
FREE cancellation with full refund up to 24 hours before the start of the activity
Details & Booking
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
This Open Water Diver course, called OWD, allows you to dive independently with a buddy. You can take part in excursions all over the world and explore the most beautiful dive sites. Styria Guenis Diving Center works with professional and experienced diving instructors who will teach you how to dive while having lots of fun!
Goal of the course
Through theory units, practical exercises and dives you learn everything you need to know about diving. You learn how to assemble and check equipment properly, as well as underwater communication. At the end of the course, you take a short test about what you have learned. After passing the exam you receive the worldwide valid OWD-Brevet, which allows you to rent diving equipment and dive with a buddy to a depth of max. 20m.
Meeting & Preparation
Meet us at our base in the center of Krk. We lend you the learning material which can be bought by you after the course if you wish. The equipment will be provided for the duration of the course.
- Day 1: 2 Theory Lessons + Practice in confined water
- Day 2: 2 Theory Lessons + Practice in confined water
- Day 3: 1 Theory Lesson + 2 Open water dives
- Day 4: 2 Open water dives
- 2 Practice Dives in confined water
- 4 Open Water Dives
- 5 Theory Lessons
- Certified PADI diving instructor
- High-quality diving gear (all you need for your dive: wetsuit, mask, fins, octopus, weights)
- Scuba tank (200 Bar for all dives)
- OWD Certification
- Learning materials (borrowed)
- Minimum age: 15 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability
* The CMAS course is usually a bit more demanding. It includes 5 open water dives and usually lasts 5 days.
Certified Dive Centre
Styria Guenis Diving Center Krk follows internationally recognised safety standards for scuba diving.