/ day (7hrs)
At our school office in Rethymno (Sámou 17, Rethymno 741 00), or at your hotel, if you've opted for our pick-up service.
FREE cancellation with full refund up to 24 hours before the start of the activity
Details & Booking
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
You want to try out a new sport and can't wait to plunge into a new adventure? Explore the beauty of the Cretan Sea at a depth of up to 18 meters together with our diving experts while gaining confidence underwater. Come with us on this adventure and discover the joys of being a certified diver!
Goal of the course
During the PADI Open Water Diver course, you'll learn the basic knowledge and skills that are necessary for diving safely, how to use your equipment properly and review your skills during open water dives in the ocean. With the PADI Open Water certificate, you'll be able to go diving with another certified diver and go down to a depth of 18m.
Meeting & Preparation
Depending on whether you'll use our hotel pick-up service or not, we'll either meet at your hotel between 08:10 and 08:45 a.m. or at 08:10 a.m. at our school's office in Rethymno. We'll then all be at 9 a.m. at our beach base at Kalivaki beach. Once there, your instructor will give you a short briefing on the basics of diving, the safety rules and the equipment used. After the briefing, you'll be ready for your diving adventure!
If you wish to use our pick-up service, simply let us know beforehand and we'll gladly come pick you up from your hotel.
- Day 1: Theory Lessons + Practice in shallow water + Open Water Dive
- Day 2: Theory Lessons + Practice in shallow water + Open Water Dive
- Day 3: Practice in shallow water + Open Water Dive
- Day 4: Practice in shallow water + Open Water Dive
Children between the ages of 10 and 14 will receive the PADI Junior Open Water Diver certification which will automatically change to the adult certification once they turn 15. Certified divers between 10 and 11 are allowed to dive together with another certified diver up to 12m. Divers between 12 and 14 years of age are qualified to dive up to 18m, just like adult divers.
Note: The order and length of the individual parts of the course can change and will be individually adapted by the instructor.
- 4 Practice Dives in shallow water
- 4 Open Water Dives
- 5h of Theory Lessons (usually spread over the first 2 days)
- Certified PADI diving instructor
- High-quality diving gear (all you need for your dive: wetsuit, mask, fins, octopus, weights)
- Scuba tank (200 Bar for all dives)
- Daily Transfers & Pick-up from hotel (in the area between Rethymno and Georgioupoli only)
- Welcome coffee & other beverages at base
- E-Learning material
- PADI registration fee & certificate
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Physical health (if you have any type of condition, please note that you'll need a medical certificate from a doctor)
- Swimming ability
- Swimming suit
Great stuff. Professional attitude.
PADI Dive Center
Evelin Dive Center Rethymno uses the PADI System of diving education and offers courses as well as rental equipment that meet the international PADI standards.