We individually arrange a pick-up (time and meeting point) after you completed the booking.
FREE cancellation with full refund up to 24 hours before the start of the activity
Details & Booking
Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and select a date. Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates.
Next available date:
total for 1 participant
for 1 participant
Get ready for a canyoning adventure and embrace the beauty of Portugal's nature! For this unique activity, Detours will take you to the breathtaking Rio de Frades canyon, where you'll encounter numerous exciting obstacles such as jumps, abseiling spots, waterfalls, lagoons and even a cave!
Once you'll have finalised your booking, we'll contact you to fix an individual meeting point (at your hotel or a train station for example). We'll then come pick you up with our van at the agreed time. It will take us approximately 1 h to get from Porto to the tour's starting point. This leaves us enough time to tell you everything there is to know about the region and to get to know each other on the way. Once we'll have arrived at Serra da Freita, you'll get your equipment and change. Once everyone is all suited up, we'll hike to the starting point.
The tour will last between 3 and 4h and will take you through numerous awe-inspiring obstacles and sights. You'll see everything from lagoons to waterfalls, and do jumps, abseilings and other fun activities. There's even a passage where we'll have to go through a mysterious cave! As all obstacles are optional and thus can be bypassed, the tour is adapted to adventurers of all levels. However, we wouldn't recommend the tour to people who are scared of heights.
We charge a little extra fee for the canyoning boots. Please bring 7,50 EUR in cash with you and simply give it to your guide.
After the tour, we'll prepare a nice little picnic during which you'll get to regain your strength and talk about your amazing adventure. You'll, of course, be brought back to the initial meeting point.
- Canyon: Rio de Frades canyon (Difficulty level: all levels)
- Description: A beautiful canyon located in Serra da Freita, a mountain range in Portugal. It is adaptable to adventurers of all levels and all obstacles can be bypassed.
- Route: We'll start in Serra da Freita, hike to the starting point and then come back to Serra da Freita. The tour itinerary depends on which route the guide chooses for you.
- Total duration: 8h
- Time in the canyon: 3-4h
- Abseiling height: up to 16m
- Jump height: up to 10m
- Complete high-quality canyoning equipment (incl. helmet, wetsuit, neoprene socks)
- High-class harness and rope material
- Certified canyoning guide
- Transfer to the point of entry and back to the base
- 7,50 EUR in cash for the canyoning boots
- Minimum age: 10 years
- Physical health
- Swimming ability
- No fear of heights